Sunday, July 27, 2008

Let the Sun Shine In

I was thinking today about a conversation I had had with a friend. Now I want to let it known that I am not saying that his way is wrong and that I am right. I firmly believe that everyone had their own way in life. We each have our own life path we must walk down. With that being said, I had a conversation with a friend about how we practice. Now I have been involved with the craft for only a short amount of time compared to my friend, but that does not mean that I haven't been involved long enough to have formed my own ideals and opinions yet. Our conversation was about upbringing. A sort-of witchy history. While I have no ancestors (that I know of) who have practiced, my friend's entire family has practiced for many generations.

His family has been very "Nose to the grindstone" about the craft and my family has always been very laid back on most situations. I believe that you should include fun and humor with the craft, otherwise there is no real learning to it. It is my opinion that you simply wont learn as much if you feel that you HAVE to learn it or that it is necessary to spend most of your waking moments studying intently. Let yourself have a little fun every now and again. Its not a sin and trust me, the Rule of 3 definately does not apply when you are goofing off. You wont get any horrible reprocussions for laughing one time.

My point here is: Always remember to let yourself smile and have fun, not just with the craft but with everything you do. Not every day had to be grey :-)

Blessed Be from Me to Thee
Aries DreamWalker

No comments: